Don't hate me.
I'm just helping you get prepared for the holiday season! I promise!
I always want to give someone a thoughtful gift. Because isn't receiving one such a wonderful feeling?
So I might not be able to tell you what your husband would like for Christmas, his birthday, or Father's Day (because Heaven knows I don't know what to get mine!! I am stumped every year! I keep on giving him FOOD because that's the only thing I know he likes and that I know I can afford...)...
But I CAN tell you what that book-loving, feminine girl might want.
I would now like to introduce you to...
THE Official Gift Guide for the Smart Girl:
2. An old edition of one of their favorite books on Etsy.
3. A personal Library Kit. I kid you not. AMAZING.
4. A Jane Austen greeting card set. Because all smart girls read Austen. Duh.
5. A calligraphy set. It is all the rage right now. Pretty lettering and getting to pretend that you are Austen, but with a lot more access to showers and Bath&Body Works.
6. My art! Ha! No, really. Smart girls are PROUD that they verge on nerd. But we tend to think of ourselves in a much more romantic sense.
Exhibit A: (above) In our imagination we are not typing on our irreplaceable laptops but on cute colored typewriters. Elegant and poised, we are in a pretty outfit with our makeup done and stacks of color coordinated books surrounding us.
Pipe dreams, I know.
Exhibit B: We read glamorously amongst flowers. There are no bugs and the temperature is perfect.
Exhibit C: Our typewriter includes script fonts. Whaaaat.
Exhibit D: Ideal weather and floral conditions. Always.
Exhibit E: We wear heels while shopping for books. So we can reach the top shelf, of course.
Exhibit F: Books are our BEST FRIENDS. Sorry BFFs. But realistically, our best friends read books too, so they get it.
These are all available in my shop.
So, I hope that helped you out if you were stumped on what to buy the book lover girl, woman, mother, sister, friend in you life. If none of these are available or will ship in time, remember that a girl ALWAYS appreciates flowers and chocolate.
And if you are a Smart Girl reading this, I hope you think that Library Kit is as enchanting as I think it is!!
I am a watercolor artist located in Southern California.